Cilantro Citrus Grilled Chicken
- Cilantro Citrus Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro/coriander, chopped (basil will also do well)
- Juice of 1 orange, 1 lime and 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl combine marinade ingredients and add the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken either for at least 2 hours (more is better, up to 24) in the fridge.
- Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before cooking. Gently flatten the chicken breasts so that they are of even thickness. This allows for better cooking – you won’t get the "one half too dried out and the other side not quite done" effect that happens because the *** is thicker at one end than the other.
Of course, I choose barbecuing even in the winter, but you can pan grill, use an electric Griddler or your broiler. It usually takes 5 minutes or so per side depending on the thickness of your chicken. You can tell it’s done when the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink.
provided by: HGTV.ca